Recipe from Kitchen Snippets
- 227g (or 2 sticks) butter (room temperature)
- 170g sugar
- 220g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- Zest of an orange
- 5 tbsp orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- Grease and line an 8” round baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175 degree C). Sieve flour, baking powder and salt and set it aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is light and fluffy. Add in the orange zest.
- Slow down the mixer and slowly add in the flour. Finally stir in orange juice. Mix until well combined.
- Turn out mixture into prepared tin. Level out mixture at the sides but allow a shallow well in the center. This is to enable the cake to level up evenly during baking.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.