1 red Anjou pear
3 tbsp granulated sugar
pinch of ground cinnamon
1 tbsp rum
1. Halve pear lengthwise. Remove cores.
2. Mix sugar and cinnamon on a plate
3. Heat a pan that is large enough for 2 slices of halved pears.
4. Place each pear halves, sliced side in the sugar mixture and generously coat.
5. Place the pear halves, sliced side down in the pan.
6. Cook uncovered until the pears start to brown (caramelized), about 10 minutes (time will vary depending on how hot the pan is).
7. When the pears start to brown, slowly add water and rum to the skillet.
8. Cover and simmer until the pears are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
9. Add more water to prevent sugar from burning.
10. When pears are done, remove from pan, use the thickened liquid as a sauce to serve over the pears.